equity & excellence in public education
Our public schools fully-funded as neighbourhood hubs
- To maintain our standing as one of the best in the world, Ontario must fully fund public education
- Education revenue must be increased to the levels it was in Canada 30 years ago.
- Ontario must invest in ongoing curriculum development and eliminate standardized testing
- The maintenance backlog at our schools must be eliminated and no school should be sold.
- Public schools must be publicly resourced to provide equitable early childhood to adult education and to be the hub of our neighbourhoods.
our questions to candidates
- How will you defend public education and insist that it be fully funded?
- How will you successfully bring funding back to levels of 30 years ago?
- How will you succeed in eliminating standardized testing and dramatically increasing investment in curriculum development?
- What will you do to keep schools under school board ownership and have the maintenance backlog eliminated?
- What steps will you take to assure that public schools remain the hub of our neighbourhoods & publicly resourced to provide equitable lifelong education?