In 2018 CPE is asking each MPP across Ontario to pledge that they will:
- support the development of an Ontario-wide “State of Good Repair Standard” for all publicly funded schools so that these public assets are safe, healthy, well-maintained buildings that provide environments conducive to learning and working and that they will
- support the provision of adequate, stable funding needed to ensure that by 2022 all Ontario schools meet this “State of Good Repair Standard”.
Further, CPE looks for MPP endorsement of our Education Charter: A Vision for Ontario.
Ontario Provincial Election October 6 2011
Our 2011 platform Equity & excellence in public education Our public schools fully-funded as neighbourhood hubs
- To maintain our standing as one of the best in the world, Ontario must fully fund public education
- Education revenue must be increased to the levels it was in Canada 30 years ago.
- Ontario must invest in ongoing curriculum development and eliminate standardized testing
- The maintenance backlog at our schools must be eliminated and no school should be sold.
- Public schools must be publicly resourced to provide equitable early childhood to adult education and to be the hub of our neighbourhoods.
Our questions to candidates
- How will you defend public education and insist that it be fully funded?
- How will you successfully bring funding back to levels of 30 years ago?
- How will you succeed in eliminating standardized testing and dramatically increasing investment in curriculum development?
- What will you do to keep schools under school board ownership and have the maintenance backlog eliminated?
- What steps will you take to assure that public schools remain the hub of our neighbourhoods & publicly resourced to provide equitable lifelong education?