Submit today: MOE’s funding survey!
The services public education currently provides our students, community members, adults and new Canadians are programs and services that will be improved by:
· giving students what they actually need to succeed
· eliminating the Ontario-wide $15.9 billion school repair backlog and
· ensuring better staffing levels for all program delivery.
1. The important role played by Educational Assistants, and how better staffing levels would improve student outcomes and the overall classroom environment
2. The dangers of contracting out school board work to private companies and reducing the continuity, consistency and safety that children need.
3. How school custodians play an important role in student safety
4. The importance of school libraries in providing students with the skills they need to succeed, and the key role played in developing literacy and research skills; fostering a love of reading
5. How consistent adult presence by staff keep schools running smoothly and are the frontline of school security.
6. The problems associated with deferred maintenance and the underfunding of school renewal and repair
7. The importance of social workers, speech and language therapists, child and youth workers remaining in our schools.”
Funding through the GSNs must be based upon these priorities.
Sincerely, Campaign for Public Education since 2002 We INSIST on needs-based funding for Ontario’s publicly-funded schools, daycares and adult education.